RAF Driffield FSX Scenery in Windows 8.1 [Closed]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

mayday
RAF Driffield FSX Scenery in Windows 8.1 [Closed]

Post by mayday » Fri Dec 12, 2014 1:43 pm

Will above work OK in Windows 8.1 or do I have to install in compatibility mode Windows 7 ? At the moment A1 Halifax's do not appear despite following your great advice on Snaith and Pocklington.

fsafranek

Re: RAF Driffield FSX Scenery in Windows 8.1

Post by fsafranek » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:49 pm

I just did a test install into FSX on a Win 8.1 using the installer and no special "Run as Admin" changes and it worked fine. Once activated and with settings similar to what I suggested for RAF Pocklington and RAF Snaith I see 20 aircraft (two squadrons) around the base. I'm not using any compatibility changes.

mayday

Post by mayday » Sat Dec 13, 2014 3:52 pm

I am sorry but after three tries there are no A1 aircraft. Have sliders as before and the aircraft files show up in Sim Objects/Aircraft. What could possibly cause this? The scenery library has RAF Driffield in the top spot.
In the past few days I have installed 8 of your great airfield downloads in FSX without a problem. HELP PLEASE

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Sat Dec 13, 2014 10:50 pm

Since we know that all our sceneries work OK in Win 8.1 it's something on your system. The prime culprit would be another scenery that has an FS9 traffic file. That would stop ALL the FSX traffic files in your FSX installation from working. You will have to check all your other addon sceneries with AIFP2, it can convert any that it finds. Downloadable from most Freeware libraries.
In particular check for older scenery that was created for FS9 then ported over to FSX.

mayday

Post by mayday » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:26 pm

Have downloaded AI Flight Planner V 3.104. Used Bulk Transport Section - Validate Traffic Files - Find FS9 Traffic Files - Convert FS9 Traffic Files to FSX - Recompile Traffic Files. No luck at all. I have now lost A1 Aircraft from Pocklington and Linton on Ouse so I must have done a great deal wrong. Could you advise please ?

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Wed Dec 17, 2014 11:02 pm

You must tell AIFP2 to delete the FS9 files. It also places the new files in a remote folder ( of your choice). So ensure the new FSX files go back in the correct folders. Also check all Scenery folders eg. Scenery/World/scenery and the scenery folder in Addon Scenery itself. Many 3rd party sceneries like MAIW have FS9 traffic files and they create their own folders outside of the FSX folder structure.
As a last resort uninstall all your addon sceneries then add them back one at a time checking as you go. Hope it's not one of ours but it can happen that one got through the net.
Any more than that I'm afraid we cannot advise as we've covered all the usual suspects.

mayday

Post by mayday » Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:40 pm

I will probably try a re-install after Xmas. It is a great pity that BOTH SIMS should counter re-act this way. FSX can be skittish at the best of times without being sandbagged by the normally staid but reliable FS9. However, thank you for all your help and and advice. Merry Xmas