RAF Scampton Dambusters [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

Jose
Re: RAF Scampton Dambusters

Post by Jose » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:49 pm

I can´t see on the Scampton Scenery the : "AI-controlled Hawker Hunters patrol the base, created by DeadPixl, alongside the stunning static aircraft that are sitting around the place. Red Arrow aircrafts as well as smaller aircrafts and tugs are located all across the air base, making it feel even more alive than ever before" , As indicated in the scenery "Added features".

Simshack purchase date 08/ 11 /2015
order n. 27391

Thank you for your support

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:05 am

Jose wrote:I can´t see on the Scampton Scenery the : "AI-controlled Hawker Hunters patrol the base, created by DeadPixl, alongside the stunning static aircraft that are sitting around the place. Red Arrow aircrafts as well as smaller aircrafts and tugs are located all across the air base, making it feel even more alive than ever before" , As indicated in the scenery "Added features".
We have contacted the over enthusiastic copy editor at Simshack about this.

There is one single Hawker Hunter parked across the field from the main hangers that goes out for a couple touch and goes before returning to base to repeat it in a few hours.

The Red Arrows require installing the MAIW Hawk trainer as described in the "Installing the Red Arrows AI" text document found at "SimObjects/Airplanes/#AI Red Arrows Hawk T1 (NBAI) Scampton". We're working on getting permission to include the aircraft to eliminate you having to do anything but at this time we only can provide the 2015 season textures and instructions. Installation is easy and once you've done it the base does become more alive and realistic. The Hawker Hunter group and the Red Arrows are the only really active occupants of the base these days.

The "RAF Scampton Dambusters" is a WWII version of this scenery.

Jose

Post by Jose » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:48 am

Well, but excuse me, I say again that I can´t see any " Hunter AI and any aircrat that are sitting around the place and Red Arrows aircrafts as well as smaller aircrafts and tugs that are located all across the air base" as you indicated in the scenery "added features".

I have had also installed the RED ARROWS as described in the "installing Red Arrows" instructions, and neither can I see any Red Arrows Hawk plane on the parking,

Thanks for your support

Regards

Jose Clemente

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:10 pm

Hi Jose
As Frank has already said the text that you quote from is not ours it's written by the Simshack copy writer and is wrong but is out of our hands and we have asked for it to be corrected.

I think the answer could be quite simply put right. It sounds like the classic FSX AI traffic problem. You have one or more FS9 traffic files active in FSX. Just one FS9 traffic file can stop all your true FSX traffic files, eg. your Scampton traffic files, from working. You need to run AIFP2, available on most freeware sites, and have it convert any FS9 files that it finds. All MAIW traffic files are for FS9!
Hope this helps.

Mickey D

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:36 pm

Good point. It may be an FS9 traffic file in the mix. If you don't already have AI Flight Planner v2 (AIFP2) you can get it over at simviation.com (link below).

http://simviation.com/1/search?submit=1 ... P2&x=0&y=0

Hope this helps and let us know.