RAF Scampton Dambusters [Resolved]

Scenery design for Flight Simulator series from Team SDB

Moderators:fsafranek, DBushell, admin, mickeyd

karpkatcher
RAF Scampton Dambusters [Resolved]

Post by karpkatcher » Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:31 pm

My Dambusters scenery does not look like the one advertised, the buildings are in the right place but none of it looks good. There is just the standard fsx runway with trees at one end, the taxi way has bunkers and a pillbox on it.
The wartime runways are not there nor the hardstands for aircraft, I have re installed to no avail.

I would be pleased with any help.

mickeyd

Re: RAF Scampton Dambusters

Post by mickeyd » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:19 pm

Sounds like you have another version of Scampton active. The Dambusters Scampton has grass runways if you see hard runways that's what's happening. Could it be you have Horizon VFR or OrbX? Look for another scenery package active that has Scampton in it. As our scenery uses the current ICAO it disables the stock scenery so what you are seeing is probably another 3rd party scenery.

degeus

Post by degeus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:36 am

Hello,
I have more or less the same problem. There are new cars parked at some places, a jet-fighter is visible in front of one of the hangars and most of all, the grass runway covers only a part of a asphalt-runway underneath, has another direction and is shorter. See the attached pictures.
Yes, I have Horizon, UK2000 airfields and P3D V2.5.
Attachments
Scampton topdownview.jpg
Scampton topdownview.jpg (214.19KiB)Viewed 7217 times

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:25 pm

Hi
You've just answered your own question. You can't expect a 1943 scenery to blend with a modern photoreal overlay. Photoreal overlays everything. Our scenery is designed to work with " out of the box" FSX and FSX-SE You'll have to disable the Horizon scenery and UK 2000 scenery. You either fly in the modern era or WW 2 there's no compromise really.

Edit: It's developed for FSX and FSX-SE ONLY it's clearly stated as such. Some things will NOT appear correctly in P3D v2.5. eg. the AI Lancasters.

fsafranek

Post by fsafranek » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:20 pm

degeus wrote:Hello,
I have more or less the same problem. There are new cars parked at some places, a jet-fighter is visible in front of one of the hangars and most of all, the grass runway covers only a part of a asphalt-runway underneath, has another direction and is shorter. See the attached pictures.
Yes, I have Horizon, UK2000 airfields and P3D V2.5.
Is the jet fighter down by the hanger a Hawker Hunter? If so then you have our modern RAF Scampton (Red Arrows version) also installed. Go into Settings->Scenery Library and temporarily uncheck "RAF Scampton FSX (SDB)". Might have to exit FSX and come back in (actually you should always do this) but that should take care of it. Reverse this (uncheck "SDB Dambusters FSX & FSX-SE") when you want to fly modern aircraft at the base.

CLA1836

Post by CLA1836 » Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 am

Hi Frank,
I have FSX with ORBX EU-England. Will I need to disable Scampton in Scenery as suggested in the previous post?
I don't have Dambusters yet but am intending to buy it soon.
Cheers, Bill.

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Sun May 31, 2015 12:34 pm

If ORB-X installs it's own version of Scampton then yes it will have to be disabled. You can't have two versions active.

CLA1836

Post by CLA1836 » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:36 am

OK - Thanks mickeyd

Jose

Post by Jose » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:25 pm

Dear Sirs.

I have paid and download from Simsack your RAF SCAMPTON SCENERY and doesn´t work :

"AI-controlled Hawker Hunters patrol the base, created by DeadPixl, alongside the stunning static aircraft that are sitting around the place. Red Arrow aircrafts as well as smaller aircrafts and tugs are located all across the air base, making it feel even more alive than ever before"

As indicated in the "Addon Features " of your addon description.

Thank you for your support

JOSE

mickeyd

Post by mickeyd » Sat Aug 15, 2015 10:03 am

What exactly doesn't work. The scenery? The AI? Can you be more specific? In order that we can help you further please provide us with your Simshack order number and purchase date.